Collection of Data
We may collect the data of customers and other individuals in connection with the purposes set out in this Statement. These customers and other individuals or data subjects may include the following or any of them (collectively "you", "your"):
- applicants for or customers of insurance or financial or related products or services;
- persons giving or proposing to give security or guarantee or any form of support for obligations owed to us;
- persons linked to a customer or an applicant that is not an individual, including the beneficial owners and officers of that customer or applicant, or in the case of a trust, including the trustees, settlors, protectors and beneficiaries of the trust; and
- other persons who relevant to a customer's relationship with us.
Data may be:
- collected from you directly, from someone acting on your behalf or from another source; or
- combined with other data available to members of the Group.
If the data requested by us is not provided, products or services may not be able to be provided (or continue to be provided) to you or to the relevant customer, applicant or person linked to you.
Use of Data
Personal data held are kept for the following purposes or any of them (which may vary depending on the nature of your relationship with us):
- considering and processing applications for products and services and the daily operation of products and services (including credit facilities provided to you or the relevant customer linked to you);
- conducting credit checks or assessments whenever appropriate (including, without limitation, at the time of application for credit and at the time of regular or special reviews which normally will take place one or more times each year) or conducting matching procedures (as defined in the Ordinance);
- creating and maintaining our credit, risk or related models;
- providing reference;
- assisting other financial institutions to conduct credit checks and collect debts;
- ensuring your ongoing credit worthiness;
- researching, customer profiling and segmentation and/or designing products and services (including financial, insurance, securities, investment and related products and services) for our use;
- marketing services, products and other subjects (see Section: Use and Provision of Data in Direct Marketing);
- determining amounts owed to or by you;
- exercising our rights under the contract(s) with you, including collecting amounts outstanding from you;
- meeting our obligations, requirements or arrangements or those of any member of the Group, whether compulsory or voluntary, to comply with or in connection with:
- any law binding or applying to us within or outside jurisdiction of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region ("Hong Kong") existing currently and in the futures ("Laws");
- any guidelines or guidance given or issued by any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities, or self-regulatory or industry bodies or associations of financial services providers within or outside Hong Kong;
- any contractual or other commitment with local or foreign legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities, or self-regulatory or industry bodies or associations of financial services providers that is assumed by or imposed on us by reason of its financial, commercial, business or other interests or activities in or related to the jurisdiction of the relevant local or foreign legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authority, or self-regulatory or industry bodies or associations;
- complying with any obligations, requirements, policies, procedures, measures or arrangements for sharing data and information within the Group and/or any other use of data and information in accordance with any programmes for compliance with sanctions or prevention or detection of money laundering, terrorist financing or other unlawful activities;
- conducting any action to meet our obligations or those of any member of the Group to comply with Laws or international guidance or regulatory requests relating to or in connection with the detection, investigation and prevention of money laundering, terrorist financing, bribery, corruption, tax evasion, fraud, evasion of economic or trade sanctions and/or any acts or attempts to circumvent or violate any Laws relating to these matters;
- enabling an actual or proposed assignee of the Group, or participant or sub-participant of our rights in respect of you to evaluate the transaction intended to be the subject of the assignment, participation or sub-participation;
- any other purposes relating to the purposes listed above.